Klemzig School is a community that is committed to working together in a caring, supportive environment where every student can succeed. To achieve this we put learners intellectual challenge and ethical engagement at the heart of everything we do.
Our strategic plan focus is on developing:
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. (STEM): Students develop capacities to solve complex real world problems and develop skills of thinking in different ways, innovation and enterprise.
- Collaborative Play: Students learn to notice and develop Executive Functions. (flexible thinking, impulse control and working memory)
- Teaching for Effective Learning: Students co-design learning that increases intellectual challenge, promotes independence and interdependence and develops the capacity to self-regulate.
Klemzig School provides modern facilities and technologies that support and enhance learning for all students. The Klemzig School community encompasses many services and facilities for families including:
- Auslan bilingual classes
- Cross age tutoring
- Signing and singing choirs
- Instumental music programme
- Support for students and families who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Support for students and families with English as an additional language/dialect
- Aboriginal Community Education Officer
- Out of school hours care
- School sport
- Preschool for children who are deaf and hard of hearing
- Preschool and high school transition programmes
- Auslan lessons for the community